[SOLVED] Can i plug it there?

Shaftyz

Reputable
Jun 16, 2019
So i got new case and installed 3 more fans (before had 1) i bought 1 to 3 splitter and 1 to 2. My mobo has 1 slot for cpu fan and 1 for sys fan. if i put splitter on the cpu fan header, and i connect there cpu cooler cable and a fan cable, will it work?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Your post indicates that you will plug into the CPU_FAN header only TWO fans - the CPU cooler and one other. Possibly that "other" will be the green Tracer fan. Yes, that will be OK. It is true that most mobo fan headers can supply up to 1.0 A total load. And it is true also that an LED fan like that can draw 0.3 to 0.4 A max. The regular CPU cooler fan very likely uses less current. Hence the combination of those two is entirely OK on one fan header.

Small hint. All Splitters will send back to the host header the speed signal of only ONE of the fans. Most commonly you will find that one output arm has all its pins, and on all the others there is one pin (#3) missing. There are other ways, like NOT including the wire for Pin #3 on those "other" outputs. Just be sure to plug the real CPU cooler fan into the one output that DOES send back its speed signal. That is so the CPU_FAN header can monitor that CPU cooler's speed for possible FAILURE. None of this actually impacts the ability to control the fan speeds.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Yes - same 1.0 A max total load. You did not provide complete details of all of your fans. As a general rule, most computer case fans draw between 0.1 and 0.25 A max each, so three of them on one header also is OK. The LED fan type (like your green Tracer) uses more because of the power used by the LED light in it, so IF you have more than one of those, be more cautious. My post above assumed you have only one, so combining it with one other normal fan gives a reasonable max load, and leaves three others of lower power consumption to combine on one second mobo header.

Shaftyz

Reputable
Jun 16, 2019
i already ordered green tracer led fan, so i cant refund that anymore. i currently have 1 92mm normal fan in pc. i could use 1blue led tracer 120mm and normal 92mm for output and deepcool windblade 120mm and green tracer led 120mm for intake

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
The Deepcool fan has a spec of only 0.2A max even with the LED's in it. I cannot find specs for the Tracer fans. But IF we assume that each of them is not more than 0.4 A max - a good assumption - a combination of two Tracers plus one Deepcool still is under the 1.0 A max load.

Shaftyz

Reputable
Jun 16, 2019
so if i would connect the deepcool fan and 2 tracers on sys fan splitter, and a cpu fan and a tracer fan on that splitter, then everything should work fine? i mean i dont want to blow up my pc yet...

Shaftyz

Reputable
Jun 16, 2019
You're welcome.
if i would use something like this, is it better?
HTB1K9njaDjxK1Rjy0Fnq6yBaFXai.jpg

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
No. This device is a way to connect several fans using power from a SATA power output from the PSU, and NO power from any mobo fan header. But that means two things are missing. First, there is no way for any fan on this device to send its speed signal to the mobo, so you cannot "see" those speeds. Small point, really. But more importantly, when you connect fans to mobo headers using Splitters, those fans' speeds are controlled automatically by the mobo according to the temperatures measured inside your case. With this device, instead, YOU control the fan speeds by using the small switch on the board, so you have to decide when to change the speeds and do that work.

Shaftyz

Reputable
Jun 16, 2019
No. This device is a way to connect several fans using power from a SATA power output from the PSU, and NO power from any mobo fan header. But that means two things are missing. First, there is no way for any fan on this device to send its speed signal to the mobo, so you cannot "see" those speeds. Small point, really. But more importantly, when you connect fans to mobo headers using Splitters, those fans' speeds are controlled automatically by the mobo according to the temperatures measured inside your case. With this device, instead, YOU control the fan speeds by using the small switch on the board, so you have to decide when to change the speeds and do that work.
I know that i cant connect to mobo header, ill connect with molex. I mean i could keep the high speed all the time, it wouldnt hurt anything, it would just be louder.