Can i plug my 4 pin cpu power cable to the 8 pin motherboard

Vana Ivan Pandovski

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2014
Hi i have decided to by a new motherboard which is AsRock H77M,and i realized that on the pictures that the motherboard have a 8 Pin CPU power connector,here LOOK:
http://i.imgur.com/dm7ywKK.jpg
and i WISH to know from you guys one thing,my PSU hase normal standard 4 pin conetor:
here LOOK:
http://i.imgur.com/0i7SwL7.jpg
so can i plug my 4 pin CPU connector to the 8 pin MOBO conector,is this possible ,or it hase to be a 8 pin,or it can be pluged
with the 4 pin connector on one side left or right ,so i reallyyyyy need this answer .thanks a lot
it considers 2 cpus a i3 and i5 not very highly strong powered cpus...Thanks i need really the answer i pick the solution immidiatley if u help me ...

Solution
Howdy.

You should be able to get away with only plugging one 4-pin in and it does not matter which one you use on the board.
You will only need the extra power if you intend to do overclocking.

Vana Ivan Pandovski

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2014

So technicly i can power up with 4-pin connector from my psu it's not goin to be any porblem ,and no i don't plan to overclock,
first i will trow a i3 -3220 cpu and after i will add the i5 -3570k,so the 8 pin power connectior is ONLY FOR OVERCLOCKING=MORE POWER,right ? Or ?,so is it goin to start is it goin to make me problems on any kind ,i mean the Mobo like not starting or things like that because of a full 8 pin connector,or ?

Vana Ivan Pandovski

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2014

thanks My point is that ,is it possible to RUN the MOBO with 4 pin spu power connector sience the mobo hase 8 pins,
that was my full teorrry of question is it goin to work properly or it really need to be field with fully 8 pins in there,that was my Q
i wanted to know is the mobo goin to start is cpu goin to have power is everything goin to be ok ??????? with a 4 pin connector

You will be fine with only a 4-pin connector with either of the cpu's you have chosen.

Vana Ivan Pandovski

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2014

tnx a lot u helped a lot i pick u r answer as solution for this