Question Can I plugged Bookshelf Speakers and Active Subwoofer into my motherboard?

chaozzsj18

Commendable
Jun 21, 2018
Good day Toms Hardware I have a desktop computer with Asus Z370e motherboard, and my Edifier R1850db is my bookshelf speakers plug into my motherboard and it works fine, I also have a Polk Audio HTS10 active subwoofer and planning to plug into my motherboard hence when I use the sub out in my Edifier R1850db into my Polk HTS10 its not that loud and powerful thats why I am asking if I can use my subwoofer plug directly into my motherboard? is there will be a change in power or sound of my subwoofer? And where can I plug my subwoofer into my motherboard? Your help will greatly appreciated. Thank you.

chaozzsj18

Commendable
Jun 21, 2018
The trick is, you want independent volume control for sub. Does back of the Edifier has a sub gain knob, no? then move sub to Mobo, and hopefully now you configure Mobo for 2.1 and Mobo provides the independent vol control needed.
Thank you very much for the reply. I tried using my Sybasonic DAC and it works now but still need some advise if my connection is right hence this is my first time using a DAC into my bookshelf speaker and active subwoofers.

Last edited: