[SOLVED] Can I put 3000mhz RAMs into my asrock b250m pro4 motherboard?

Najanaja

Reputable
Oct 23, 2019
The official asrock site said that it support 2400mhz rams but I my friend said that you can overclock the rams in bios.

Solution
Memory • Dual Channel DDR4 Memory Technology • 4 x DDR4 DIMM Slots • Supports DDR4 2400/2133 non-ECC, un-buffered memory* * 7th Gen Intel® CPU supports DDR4 up to 2400; 6th Gen Intel® CPU supports DDR4 up to 2133. • Supports ECC UDIMM memory modules (operate in nonECC mode) • Max. capacity of system memory: 64GB • Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) 2.0 • 15μ Gold Contact in DIMM Slots

You can put it in there, but it appears that it's only going to run up to 2400.
Without reading the rest of the manual, it's probably easier just to boot into BIOS and see what options (if any) are there for manual selection.

Intel CPU will not benefit as greatly as AMD typically does from faster RAM. Chances are good that outside a...

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Memory • Dual Channel DDR4 Memory Technology • 4 x DDR4 DIMM Slots • Supports DDR4 2400/2133 non-ECC, un-buffered memory* * 7th Gen Intel® CPU supports DDR4 up to 2400; 6th Gen Intel® CPU supports DDR4 up to 2133. • Supports ECC UDIMM memory modules (operate in nonECC mode) • Max. capacity of system memory: 64GB • Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) 2.0 • 15μ Gold Contact in DIMM Slots

Without reading the rest of the manual, it's probably easier just to boot into BIOS and see what options (if any) are there for manual selection.

Intel CPU will not benefit as greatly as AMD typically does from faster RAM. Chances are good that outside a benchmark test you would never know.

Reactions: Najanaja
Solution

Najanaja

Reputable
Oct 23, 2019

Intel CPU will not benefit as greatly as AMD typically does from faster RAM. Chances are good that outside a benchmark test you would never know.

Thanks for the quick answer!