[SOLVED] can i put a GDDR5 graphics card with a GGGR6 graphics card?

Sep 27, 2019
can i put a GDDR5 graphics card with a GGGR6 graphics card they both support crossfire and so does the mother board.

the cards are sapphire pulse rx 560 and sapphire pulse rx 5700 xt

Solution
thanks but say games like fortnite do you think it would make a difference
Fortnite does not support SLI, Crossfire or Multi GPU and I doubt it ever will since it's a very small amount of people that ever use that feature. The best you can do is update the GPU firmware and keep your drivers current, that goes for your motherboards BIOS as well.

BIOS update for Pulse edition cards with the following part numbers:
  • 299-4E411-002SA
  • 299-5E411-002SA
  • 299-4E411-002FC

BrandGraphics card modelFirwmare update
SapphireRadeon RX 5600 XT Pulsedownload

Sapphire details how to update its Radeon RX 5600 Pulse BIOS to make it run faster...

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
AMD dropped crossfire support for the RX 5000 series cards. You can, however, run a multiple GPU setup under DX12 and Vulcan but the issue is that works best with an Nvidia and AMD card combined. What you have in an RX 560 and 5700 XT will gain very little to no benefit at all. Also, take note that games that have adopted multi GPU support are very low.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
thanks but say games like fortnite do you think it would make a difference
Fortnite does not support SLI, Crossfire or Multi GPU and I doubt it ever will since it's a very small amount of people that ever use that feature. The best you can do is update the GPU firmware and keep your drivers current, that goes for your motherboards BIOS as well.

BIOS update for Pulse edition cards with the following part numbers:
  • 299-4E411-002SA
  • 299-5E411-002SA
  • 299-4E411-002FC

BrandGraphics card modelFirwmare update
SapphireRadeon RX 5600 XT Pulsedownload

Sapphire details how to update its Radeon RX 5600 Pulse BIOS to make it run faster
How to: Firmware Update the AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT - Page 1

Solution