Question can i put a gtx760 in this motherboard?

Lutfij

Titan
Your board should be able to accept a PCIe 3.0 GPU though my primary concern is that the prebuilt you own will lack CPU power as well as PSU power for the entire system to optimally function.

As suspected, your entire system will need at least a reliably built 500W PSU to power the entire system with a GTX760 populated in your system.

May 23, 2019
Hey everyone
I have a
HP 280 G1 Microtower PC and want to upgrade the graphics card to GTX760 and the PSU to 500 or 560 watt unit. Will i face any problems?
The motherboard i have is 2B34 and cpu is core-i5 4460s 2.9GHZ.
Thanks in advance

Wolfshadw

Titan
I'd probably check to make sure you can just swap out power supplies. It looks like you can, but if HP put in a proprietary board, then you might run into issues. If you have a standard ATX power supply already available, I'd probably test it with your system before making any purchases.

Aside from that, as long as you stick with processors on the Motherboard specs sheet, you shouldn't run into any problems.

-Wolf sends

Since it is a prebuilt pc, odds are you might have an issue. First there isn't any documentation about the form factor of the PSU. If it isn't an ATX or SFX then it will be a proprietary design by HP and HP loves to lock things down as much as they can. With your motherboard does it have the standard ATX power plugs or is it something different?

May 23, 2019
Thab
I'd probably check to make sure you can just swap out power supplies. It looks like you can, but if HP put in a proprietary board, then you might run into issues. If you have a standard ATX power supply already available, I'd probably test it with your system before making any purchases.

Aside from that, as long as you stick with processors on the Motherboard specs sheet, you shouldn't run into any problems.

-Wolf sends

Thanks for replying
The motherboard shown in that link is not the one I have. I don’t see to find the one i have anywhere on their website. It is 2B34.
And how do you know that i can upgrade the GPU or not according to the motherboard (except the PSU thing)?

May 23, 2019
Since it is a prebuilt pc, odds are you might have an issue. First there isn't any documentation about the form factor of the PSU. If it isn't an ATX or SFX then it will be a proprietary design by HP and HP loves to lock things down as much as they can. With your motherboard does it have the standard ATX power plugs or is it something different?
Thanks for replying

If the PSU is locked does that mean i can’t take it out and there is no solution?
And if it was the case then what can i do?
And could you please tell me how do the standard ATX power plugs look?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Thanks for replying
The motherboard shown in that link is not the one I have. I don’t see to find the one i have anywhere on their website. It is 2B34.
And how do you know that i can upgrade the GPU or not according to the motherboard (except the PSU thing)?

When I Google "2B34 Motherboard" the first link given is the one I provided
LMGTFY
If you can take a picture of your motherboard and post it on a third party image hosting site like imgur.com and then post a link to it in a reply here, that might help.

That's why I assumed it was the motherboard you had. If it's not, then I can't say about what power supply you can use, but it needs to be upgraded before you can use any kind of decent graphics card. As for graphics card compatibility, as long as your motherboard has a PCIex16 expansion slot, the graphics card is compatible. It just needs sufficient power for it.

-Wolf sends

TRENDING THREADS