[SOLVED] Can I put a i5 3570 into a Dell optiplex 7010?

Solution
you can type in the service tag number in dells webpage and it tells you exactly what that computer is and what was inside of it at time of sale.

Make sure the bios is up to date, but looks like it will support up to a i7-3770S that was confirmed on the dell support page
Apr 21, 2022
From what i can google it looks like you can, do you have the service tag number just to make sure
Hi , Thanks for the reply , I won't have the dell in my possession until next week so I can't check for a serial tag yet . Out of curiosity why would the serial tag make a difference?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Hi , Thanks for the reply , I won't have the dell in my possession until next week so I can't check for a serial tag yet . Out of curiosity why would the serial tag make a difference?

Because we would know the specs. Optiplex XXXX frequently doesn't refer to simply one configuration or even generation. It's very hard to make any kind of assumption without this information.

Reactions: Davy554
you can type in the service tag number in dells webpage and it tells you exactly what that computer is and what was inside of it at time of sale.

Make sure the bios is up to date, but looks like it will support up to a i7-3770S that was confirmed on the dell support page

Reactions: Davy554
Solution
Apr 21, 2022

Ok Thank you!