[SOLVED] Can I put a wifi card in my MSI A320M PRO-E mobo?

Maverick1234

Prominent
Feb 20, 2021
So I have been using ethernet for a while and my pc is placed downstairs of our house, and I wanted to move my pc upstairs in my room. Could I place or put a wifi card in my MSI A320M pro-e? I just want to make sure that if my mobo would be compatible with a wifi card.

Incase you need my specs, here it is:
Ryzen 3 3200G
GTX 1050 ti 4gb
MSI A320m pro-e mobo.

Solution
Sorry, but I got another concern. So basically our WiFi (modem) has a dual band connectivity, so it has 2.4g and 5g connectivity. Since our modem is placed downstairs and the 5G has a low latency or signal upstairs. Should I just get a single band WiFi dongle (which is the 2.4) since I don't have much budget to buy a dual band WiFi dongle and the 2.4G has a better signal upstairs.
High frequencies do have problem with penetration and also deteriorate with distance faster. Think of the light as electromahnetic wave just much higher ferquency.
If WiFi speed is not prime concern, 2.4GHz would do fine.
So I have been using ethernet for a while and my pc is placed downstairs of our house, and I wanted to move my pc upstairs in my room. Could I place or put a wifi card in my MSI A320M pro-e? I just want to make sure that if my mobo would be compatible with a wifi card.

Incase you need my specs, here it is:
Ryzen 3 3200G
GTX 1050 ti 4gb
MSI A320m pro-e mobo.
Yes, why not ? MB has 2 PCIe x1 slots you can use. Just note that USB based WiFi are just as good as PCIe cards and they are all plug and play.

Maverick1234

Prominent
Feb 20, 2021

Maverick1234

Prominent
Feb 20, 2021
It's actually antenna that counts most so SB with antenna attached would get best signal. One thing to look for, type of your router's WiFi ? Two main types are 2.4 and 5GHz so your chosen adapter has to match those frequencies.
Simplest one https://www.amazon.com/wireless-USB...r_1_3?keywords=usb+wifi&qid=1644137396&sr=8-3
Sorry, but I got another concern. So basically our WiFi (modem) has a dual band connectivity, so it has 2.4g and 5g connectivity. Since our modem is placed downstairs and the 5G has a low latency or signal upstairs. Should I just get a single band WiFi dongle (which is the 2.4) since I don't have much budget to buy a dual band WiFi dongle and the 2.4G has a better signal upstairs.

High frequencies do have problem with penetration and also deteriorate with distance faster. Think of the light as electromahnetic wave just much higher ferquency.
If WiFi speed is not prime concern, 2.4GHz would do fine.

Reactions: Maverick1234
Solution