Question Can I put cameras on the truck?

Jul 1, 2021
Howdy everyone! I'm currently doing food truck business. Me and my partners own 3 food trucks and we just added mobile payment as a new payment method since it's gonna be safer to do business on the street.

Y'all know it's not safe to touch all these cash and coins during this COVID timing. Also, it's not that safe in some neighborhoods we go. So for the safety issue, we're now considering putting some security cameras on our trucks! Maybe like 2 to 3 cameras on each truck to record who come to buy from us. However I've asked around about this and it seems that nobody has done this before due to space or internet limitations. Is it? There's no other way to let me put some cameras on the truck?

Ralston18

Titan
Not an issue of installing camera's or not.

All sorts of vehicles now have cameras, geolocators, etc..

What matters is being able to use, apply, or actually be able to benefit from the cameras and related security measures.

You could run afoul of privacy issues and the camera's along with the mobile payment devices could just make the trucks even more of a target in some manner.

You need to seek legal advice.

If not affordable, many areas have free legal services available. Check with them.

Full disclosure: I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice in any way or suggestion.

Ralston18

Titan
FYI:

https://www.spottersecurity.com/nvr-vs-dvr-vs-vms/

No need to "contact" the seller. Just use the link as a starting point to learn more and then search for additional websites for additional information.

A good source to learn from is User Manuals. For example:

https://www.foscam.com/Uploads/usermanual/2020-10-14/VMS User Manual_V1.2 (Windows)_English.pdf

[Not recommending, suggesting, or endorsing the vendor. Just a reference and, again, you can easily search for and find similar documents from other vendors and review sources.]

= = = =

What is your budget?

Do not go "cheap".

Vehicle mounted electronics are subject to vibrations, heat, and weather in general.

And being able to capture, store, and successfully retrieve the video information is crucial if there is a crime and you need evidence.

A surveillance system that fails in any manner is not going to help you and cheap (hardware, software, storage, support) components just makes failure more likely.

TRENDING THREADS