[SOLVED] Can I put GeForce 8800 GTS in ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS mother board?

Aug 20, 2020
I need to test is my new build broken, video card specifically as system shows at boot sequence 'No VGA detected' code and no signal to monitor at all. I tested all different options so narrowed issue to mobo, cpu or gfx card. Found that old GeForce 8800 GTS at home so is it safe to put it into this ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS mobo?
Just to test does the new PC build works and send GFX for replacement.

Solution
I need to test is my new build broken, video card specifically as system shows at boot sequence 'No VGA detected' code and no signal to monitor at all. I tested all different options so narrowed issue to mobo, cpu or gfx card. Found that old GeForce 8800 GTS at home so is it safe to put it into this ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS mobo?

Hi @photonTH

Yes. You can install it into your ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS mobo as the GTS is PCIe x16 and the mobo has a PCIe 4.0 slot, which is backwards compatible.

8800 GTS specs - Requirements - PCI Express, PCI Express 2.0 or PCI Express 3.0 compliant motherboard.
ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS specs

Let us know how it goes!

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED

Hi @photonTH

Yes. You can install it into your ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS mobo as the GTS is PCIe x16 and the mobo has a PCIe 4.0 slot, which is backwards compatible.

8800 GTS specs - Requirements - PCI Express, PCI Express 2.0 or PCI Express 3.0 compliant motherboard.
ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS specs

Let us know how it goes!

Reactions: photonTH
Solution
Aug 20, 2020
Thanks! It went well, PC booted properly. I swapped the gfx cards again and now RTX is working as it should from beginning. Finally!
Strange thing as I put it out and in several times to be sure or connectors are firmly attached. Weird.
Cheers @Mrgr74 !

Reactions: Mrgr74