Can i put this psu in corsair carbide 300R midi tower

Solution
You want the PSU fan to bring in cool air to the PSU which is why you put it in the way Damn_Rookie said. The PSU fan really won't provide much cooling if you orient it the other way as you want case fans to do the main cooling work (both intake and exhaust).

Damn_Rookie

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014
That PSU will certainly work in that case. PSUs are designed to fit in both top mounted positions and bottom mounted positions; in the bottom mounted position, like in the 300r case, you orientate the PSU so that its fan faces downwards, towards the open vent on the bottom of the case.

Denis Stoikovski

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014

Yeah but the fan is sucking air not cooling

Alan G

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
You want the PSU fan to bring in cool air to the PSU which is why you put it in the way Damn_Rookie said. The PSU fan really won't provide much cooling if you orient it the other way as you want case fans to do the main cooling work (both intake and exhaust).

Solution

Denis Stoikovski

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014

I'l check the net for things like that even though if i get the case it will be the summer but i think to get first a new cpu cooler or wahtever is the name of that thing with the heatpiptes and passive cooling and a new thermal paste then see how it will work and after then put a new case(if its still hot)