Can i put windows on a macbook?

chucky9

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2013
So my dad (who is not tech savy at all) decided it was a good idea to buy a very old macbook from ebay to replace his netbook.

No realising that it was a apple device nor releasing that it didnt have windows on it, he brought it to me and asked if i could fix it.

Knowing 0 about apple products i thought it would be best to ask here. I had a iphone 4 about 5 years ago and that is the only exposure ive had to apple devices, is there any way i can make it possible for him to use this laptop, He literally needs the ability to browse the internet and watch videos.

i believe it is a apple macbook pro core 2 duo from 2006

Can't he just use OSX to browse the internet and watch videos?
And yes, while my knowledge on older macs is limited, there should be a program called bootcamp that hand in hand guides you to installing windows alongside OSX.

You sure used to be able to with Bootcamp. However the current version of Bootcamp only works on Macbook Pro 2012 and later, so you'd have to find an old version.
Well he’d be on an old OS anyway, the last to come out for the 2006 MacBook was mountain lion or Snow leopard depending if it’s early or late 2006. El Capitan if it’s a 2009 model.

bootcamp should work but I’d just use MacOS. Windows will chug on the thing.