[SOLVED] Can i raid 0 with 2 identical partitions from 2 seperate drives?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2020
Good Evening!So, i have 2 1TB hdds and i want to partition each of em 200MB and raid 0 these 2 partitions? my question is if thats possible !

ps. I want to do it to increase performance in games

ps2. I know that i could just buy an ssd!but no money :p!

Solution
You mean 200GB, not 200MB, correct?

"increase performance in games "
At best, you'd get some reduction in level loading. Thats all.

In theory, you probably could do it.

But...
You'd need a full backup of both 2TB drives, in case things go wrong during this process.
You'd have to take into account where, exactly, these partitions are on the physical HDD. The outer portion or the inner portion. There can be a significant difference in read performance between the two.

USAFRet

Titan

But...
You'd need a full backup of both 2TB drives, in case things go wrong during this process.
You'd have to take into account where, exactly, these partitions are on the physical HDD. The outer portion or the inner portion. There can be a significant difference in read performance between the two.

Solution
Sep 28, 2020

But...

Hello
USAFRet

First of all thank u for your fast reply and yes i meant 200GB !!
I couldnt find that information in other forum posts thats why i asked my own question,

the only reason i wanted to raid0 in partitions was so i could dodge formating my drives, but if u say that i cant dodge it i guess i cant do it.

Anyway, thank u for the answer!

,cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.