[SOLVED] can i recover data from the drive formatted with eraser tool?

Jaiff

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2015
Hello,

I recently bought m.2 SSD and transferred my personal data from my SATA drive to a new Samsung Evo drive but my bad I just did something and the SSD corrupted the Samsung gave me the new 1 as it is just 7 days old.
Just before that, I formatted my SATA drive with Eraser 3 pass which is completed successfully.

Now I want to know is there any chance that I can recover my data from my SATA drive and which is the best recovery software to do so?

Solution
Just before that, I formatted my SATA drive with Eraser 3 pass which is completed successfully.
Now I want to know is there any chance that I can recover my data from my SATA drive and which is the best recovery software to do so?
Eraser overwrites all data on the drive. You run 3 passes, so it got overwritten 3 times.
There's no chance of recovering anything.

USAFRet

Titan
I formatted my SATA drive with Eraser 3 pass which is completed successfully.

Highly unlikely.

You might try Autopsy.

But I wouldn't hold out any real hope.

This 'oops' specifically what backups are for.
Your data should never ever exist on a single drive.

Eraser overwrites all data on the drive. You run 3 passes, so it got overwritten 3 times.
There's no chance of recovering anything.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS