Can I refund this product?

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017
I got this laptop for €1250 and I bought three 1 year anti-viruses because they were on sale since I bought the laptop. I'm not sure what the original prices for the anti-viruses were but they were around €80-€100 each.They included a USB that costed €45 so that you could reinstall Windows 10. They activated the 3 anti-viruses in the store onto the computer and then I brought it home.It's been 4 days since the anti-viruses were activated.I'm wondering if I can refund the laptop because the anti-viruses were activated on the laptop that I want to refund and the anti-viruses were on sale because I bought that laptop, so if I refund the laptop does that mean I can get the anti-viruses refunded as well or do I have to pay for the anti-viruses and will it be the full price? The three 1 year anti-viruses costed €90 altogether because they were on sale. The anti-viruses were Mcafee and it could be used on up to 5 devices. I used it on 2 devices so far and I think you can disable the anti-virus from them devices. I bought the laptop from PC World in their store but on their website it says that there is a 1 year guarantee for the product. The Mcafee anti-viruses says 100% guarantee viruses remove or your money back. I didn't have any viruses on my devices. There is also what I think is called 1 dead pixel on the screen of the laptop and the sound is Waves Maxx Audio Pro and when I select the earphones one because it's what I use it will have a static noise when I play League of Legends. I don't plan on buying from PC World ever again.

Solution
take it back to pc world and see what they say

though to be honest argos would have been better probably they will take just about anything back with no problem

and do you mean you are running 3 anti virus softwares at the same time?

take it back to pc world and see what they say

though to be honest argos would have been better probably they will take just about anything back with no problem

and do you mean you are running 3 anti virus softwares at the same time?

Solution

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017

Well it wasn't actually me who bought them it was my parents but I used me to make it a bit simpler. I got 3 1 year subscriptions for Mcafee making it last 1095 days and by the Argos stuff you said do you mean Argos will take it and give me money or I should've gotten it from Argos. My dad had to go back to get the laptop and I told him to ask to refund it but he said they said no and I'm not sure if he even asked them so I want to go and have a try but do you think they will let me? If not I'm never using PC World again.

have had bad experiences in the past with pc world

guess it will depend a lot on the attitude of who ever you/your parents talk to if try to return it

and no i meant if had bought it from argos

they tend to take any thing back--providing its not something covered by exclusion

i have returned stuff to argos and some times they didnt even bother looking in the box never mind checking what i returned was all in there

and i quite believe they might have told your father they wouldnt refund it

though if there is an actual fault with it--ie hardware or not caused by any software you installed

then they have to either fix the fault or replace the item or refund

but its their choice which of those they will do

if get no joy with them and it was bought on a credit card could get the credit card company involved

though that would need your father to do it obviously if it was bought on his card

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017

I just found their return policy
http://www.pcworld.ie/content/returns-policy/1461 and does 1 dead pixel count as a fault? The audio is messed up when I select the earphone one and enter League of Legends, would that be a fault as well? Only some was paid using credit card and he'll just say it's too much work. It says you must have full packaging and not have used them. I used them for 4 days 5 tomorrow and only have the box and nothing else inside it and they installed the anti-virus themselves in the store. they say packaging is required but doesn't the law say it isn't? do you think I can get it refunded?

1 dead/stuck pixel might not be classed as a fault--each manufacturer has a different amount of them before they accept it as a fault

yes the audio is a possible fault

sounds like you have voided the you must not use the laptop/install any software part though

though could factory reset it to remove anything you did

even if you can convince them to refund for the laptop any of the anti virus you removed/scratched off the silver bit to see the serial wont be refundable

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017

I updated the reply some stuff might be changed.

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017

Will I have to pay the full price for the anti-viruses? I think they costed 100 each without the sale and 30 each with the sale and are any of their policies against the law or is that even possible?

it will all depend on who you get to speak to in store to be honest

if they flat out refuse

then you are stuck with having to contact their complaints department or what ever other fancy name they call it so it sounds better customer relations etc to see if they will help or not

whether the law is in your favour or not doesnt really matter with these big companies in my experience as most people simply wont take them to court over an item that costs a few hundred pounds as its stressful and can actually end up costing you more than the item did

again that would depend who you get in store

if they refunded the laptop chances are they would might just wipe the difference in sale/normal price of the anti virus

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017

So there is a chance I might not need to pay the full price for the anti-virus and that there is a chance I will get it refunded?

a chance yes

and also a chance you wont

its not a question that can give a clear yes or no answer to

it really will come down to who ever you get in the store

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017

Okay thank you for replying.