Can I remote control it?

golemicox

Prominent
Aug 25, 2017
Hello, I have a FLATRON M2394D monitor, and I would like to use it as a TV. Now I know that I can simply connect cables to the TV, select proper cable to show in TV options and I will have picture from the selected cable...Now I would like to know if I can also use the regular remote controller on this?

Solution
Are you asking if you can change input sources with a remote control?

If so then no, your monitor has no infrared, no rs232, no rf, and no tcp/ip in order to accept any sort of remote command.
Your monitor is designed for you to be sitting at it within an arm's reach of the screen.

If you want to remote control the channel or whatever you want to watch on the monitor (as if it was a tv) then that is completely up to the source device.
You can get remote controls for desktop computers, as well as for TV tuner cards and things like that.
Are you asking if you can change input sources with a remote control?

If so then no, your monitor has no infrared, no rs232, no rf, and no tcp/ip in order to accept any sort of remote command.
Your monitor is designed for you to be sitting at it within an arm's reach of the screen.

If you want to remote control the channel or whatever you want to watch on the monitor (as if it was a tv) then that is completely up to the source device.
You can get remote controls for desktop computers, as well as for TV tuner cards and things like that.

Solution