Core i7 3630qm 45w
My laptop is sony vaio sve1512s1ew
My laptop support HM76
socket 988B rpga

the question it's
is my laptop support 45w processor
or i must use only 35w processor

Solution
Oh ... just a word of warning about the new processor - being 45 watt it will run the battery down a little quicker than the 35 watt one does ... so be aware of that - watching a 2 hour movie without it being plugged in probably won't work.

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
Most of the time, processors on laptops are embedded onto the board, and removing them probably means ruining your motherboard and preventing further use of the PC. I would contact Sony and ask them whether the processor is replaceable, and confirm with them whether that processor works with that specific board.

zack-5

Commendable
Jan 17, 2017
dude my laptop socket 988B rpga
not Bga socket
many people change the processor without problems The processor in
socket 988B rpga is dedicated separate from motherboard

That would indeed be a nice upgrade! - I'm a big fan of quad core.

2 issues though, 1) does the motherboard support that processor - who knows but I think the chances are good.

2) jumping from 35 W to 45 W. Most folks would say no - too much extra heat but ... I do it a lot with no problems (I've only done with AMD processors though). Needless to say you'll want to use good quality paste and scrupulously clean the cooling system.

The processor you linked to seems too expensive ($115.85) - there's one on ebay for $69.

zack-5

Commendable
Jan 17, 2017
Thank you Robert Frankness I'm confused
But I really want to develop the processor and change it
and For heat I think Sony's materials are able to handle the heat due to the quality of the raw materials
and for the price yes it is a bit high but I'm used to the AliExpress website due to strict rules with  Sellers and website offer great warranties but for Ebay, I no longer trust him because I have bad experiences and I have been cheated About 9 times but on aliExpress I never had bad trade with him Of the 374 orders I was not cheatedfrom any of the 374 but I got some errors and the management of the site solved quickly
And i will use paste arctic mx-4

I guess I've been lucky - I've never had a problem with ebay - also, the seller of the $69 cpu has a 99.5% positive rating but ... you should do whatever you are most comfortable with.

Thinking of the upgrade ... clean the entire cooling system really, really well - take the fan out of it's cage and totally clean all the fins etc. - if it has been used in a smoking environment you will probably need to use alcohol. Does the laptop run nice and cool with the current processor?
Some laptops put the cmos battery in a hard to reach spot - if that is the case with the vaio ... consider replacing it when you do the upgrade (they are quite cheap) - it will save you having to disassemble the laptop at a future date just to replace the battery.
You will notice a very nice performance jump with that new processor!

zack-5

Commendable
Jan 17, 2017
Thanks again Robert
As for heat it is very excellent currently
and yes I will change the battery that a wonderful tip
I think I will actually get a great performance especially as I have a 12GB DDR3 KINGSTON Ram frequency1600MHZ
And before the hour  I disassembled the laptop and extracted the old processor
so when the new processor arrives I will do something Comprehensive cleaning
so can you give me the link of processor in ebuy you make me rethink about buy from ebuy

Oh ... just a word of warning about the new processor - being 45 watt it will run the battery down a little quicker than the 35 watt one does ... so be aware of that - watching a 2 hour movie without it being plugged in probably won't work.

Solution

zack-5

Commendable
Jan 17, 2017
i think it's not a big problem I just hope that everything will be ok and succeed When I change the Processor
and i will put the results here after i change the processor