[SOLVED] Can I replace a Contac Silent 12 (CL-P039-AL12BL-A) fan with any Cooler Master fan?

James.LaCroix

Prominent
Aug 1, 2021
Can I replace a Thermaltake Contac Silent 12 (CL-P039-AL12BL-A) fan with a Cooler Master Sickleflow 120 PWM RGB Fan or a Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 - Sleeve Bearing 120mm Blue LED Silent Fan, on a GA-Z270 Gaming K3 Motherboard?

My Thermaltake Contac Silent 12 fan has been making noise for over a month now. I tried cleaning it but it still makes noises. I believe I have to change it. This is why I'm asking this.

Solution
Both of the fans you've listed above have higher static pressure ratings, which is actually a good thing for a cooler/radiator. The only issue is that the static pressure comes with higher RPM's meaning that the fans from Cooler master are going to be noisy. DO you have access to Noctua fans? If not, you're better off getting the Sickle flow non-RGB fan. FYI, the board you own does not have an ARGB or RGB header.

Lutfij

Titan
Both of the fans you've listed above have higher static pressure ratings, which is actually a good thing for a cooler/radiator. The only issue is that the static pressure comes with higher RPM's meaning that the fans from Cooler master are going to be noisy. DO you have access to Noctua fans? If not, you're better off getting the Sickle flow non-RGB fan. FYI, the board you own does not have an ARGB or RGB header.

Reactions: James.LaCroix
Solution

James.LaCroix

Prominent
Aug 1, 2021
I'm planning on purchasing the fan from a local store because by doing so, I won't have to pay a lot for shipping and they also provide warranties for their products.
So, I called today and asked them if they sell Noctua fans, they said that they don't have any in-store but they could order pretty much anything they don't already have in-store.
Which model do you recommend? I don't really care if it's RBG or not.