[SOLVED] can i replace GT 710 with GeForce RTX 2060 or GTX 1060

Solution
Zebronics ZEB-450W (DSATA)

That's a very poor quality PSU. Replace it if you are upgrading to the GTX 1060. The Corsair VS Model isn't the very best in terms of quality/efficiency either. It's a low-end model. What's your budget, and where are you located ?

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

Btw, this PSU list is NOT exhaustive, nor 100% accurate though, but at...
Zebronics ZEB-450W (DSATA)

That's a very poor quality PSU. Replace it if you are upgrading to the GTX 1060. The Corsair VS Model isn't the very best in terms of quality/efficiency either. It's a low-end model. What's your budget, and where are you located ?

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

Btw, this PSU list is NOT exhaustive, nor 100% accurate though, but at least it gives us some idea about the brand reputation, in the hierarchy list..

PSU brands to never buy from
  • Diablotek
  • Apevia
  • Coolmax
  • Logisys
  • Sparkle
  • Raidmax
  • Zalman
  • Diablotek
  • Xilence
  • Tacens
  • iBALL
  • Zebronics.
  • Logisys.

• Average PSU brands (Not deadly but i would avoid them)
  • NZXT
  • Enermax
  • Cougar
  • Bitfenix
Good PSU brands (These psu brands have decent-great psu's but also have a few outliers)
  • EVGA
  • Corsair
  • Antec
  • Cooler master
  • Be quiet!
  • Fractal Design
  • SilverStone
  • FSP.
Arguably the best brands
  • Seasonic
  • XFX
  • Superflower
Conclusion
Most power supplies you buy should be fine as long as you're not pushing them to the very limits. I obviously didn't include every OEM and re-seller but I listed the main ones. Pretty much all PSU manufacturers sell good and bad power supplies, it just takes a little reviewing and forethought into your system requirements before you make a selection....

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution
Jun 4, 2019

Btw, this PSU list is NOT exhaustive, nor 100% accurate though, but at least it gives us some idea about the brand reputation, in the hierarchy list..

• Diablotek
  • Apevia
  • Coolmax
  • Logisys
  • Sparkle
  • Raidmax
  • Zalman
  • Diablotek
  • Xilence
  • Tacens
  • iBALL
  • Zebronics.
  • Logisys.

• NZXT
  • Enermax
  • Cougar
  • Bitfenix
Good PSU brands (These psu brands have decent-great psu's but also have a few outliers)
  • EVGA
  • Corsair
  • Antec
  • Cooler master
  • Be quiet!
  • Fractal Design
  • SilverStone
  • FSP.
Arguably the best brands
  • Seasonic
  • XFX
  • Superflower
Conclusion
Most power supplies you buy should be fine as long as you're not pushing them to the very limits. I obviously didn't include every OEM and re-seller but I listed the main ones. Pretty much all PSU manufacturers sell good and bad power supplies, it just takes a little reviewing and forethought into your system requirements before you make a selection....
India.
can i go with Corsair VS550 550 or Cooler Master MWE 550W ?

Around 4 to 5K

That's a tight budget though. First of all, which GPU are you going to buy ? The GTX 1060, or the RTX 2060 ? Because for the RTX 2060, Nvidia recommends a min 500 Watts PSU, and for the GTX 1060 they suggest using a 400 Watts unit.

Check the following INDIAN online websites. Take a look at these PSU models.

https://www.theitdepot.com/details-...550W+Power+Supply+(EA550G+Pro)_C14P28208.html

https://mdcomputers.in/seasonic-s12ii-520-watt-80-plus-bronze-ss-520gb.html

https://mdcomputers.in/antec-550-watt-80-plus-gold-semi-modular-earthwatts-gold-pro-550w.html

https://mdcomputers.in/corsair-cs450m-80-plus-gold-semi-modular-cp-9020075-uk.html

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

• Diablotek
  • Apevia
  • Coolmax
  • Logisys
  • Sparkle
  • Raidmax
  • Zalman
  • Diablotek
  • Xilence
  • Tacens
  • iBALL
  • Zebronics.
  • Logisys.

• NZXT
  • Enermax
  • Cougar
  • Bitfenix
  • EVGA
  • Corsair
  • Antec
  • Cooler master
  • Be quiet!
  • Fractal Design
  • SilverStone
  • FSP.
Arguably the best brands
  • Seasonic
  • XFX
  • Superflower
Conclusion

XFX XT power supplies are horrible quality...Made by Shenzhen Rui Sheng Yuan Technology ...production was outsourced by SEASONIC...Might want to put that as a footnote on your list.

Seasonic S12III series ...Same thing!

XFX XT power supplies are horrible quality...Made by Shenzhen Rui Sheng Yuan Technology ...production was outsourced by SEASONIC...Might want to put that as a footnote on your list.

Seasonic S12III series ...Same thing!

Indeed. But I was talking about the high-end models from XFX in general, like the Pro Gold, XTS, and some of the Pro, XTR/ XTI models. Also, the OP's budget was very tight, so that's why I recommended him that Seasonic S12III model. Hard to get a quality unit if the budget was just 5K Indian rupees.

That's why I have mentioned this before, ""Pretty much all PSU manufacturers sell both good and bad power supplies,, and this PSU list is NOT exhaustive, nor 100% accurate though""....Some SEASONIC models are excellent., whereas others are not....The same applies to all other brands as well.