[SOLVED] Can I replace mainboard of Dell Optiplex 9010 aio with Optiplex 9020 aio?

Oct 13, 2021
Is it possible to replace mainboard of Dell Optiplex 9010 aio with Optiplex 9020 aio? Becuase my optilplex 9010 aio is broke now. I should buy the old mainboard or can I upgrade it to 9020?

Solution
I would say probably not. Unless they kept the exact same footprint (screw holes, output, etc.) between the two different generation, which is doubtful, it likely isn't going to fit inside the screen area.
If you already have your motherboard out you could try to compare them if you find information about the newer motherboard. Sometimes Dell site will have specifics on things like that and a helpful picture. At least (possibly) a model number you could search it from.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I would say probably not. Unless they kept the exact same footprint (screw holes, output, etc.) between the two different generation, which is doubtful, it likely isn't going to fit inside the screen area.
If you already have your motherboard out you could try to compare them if you find information about the newer motherboard. Sometimes Dell site will have specifics on things like that and a helpful picture. At least (possibly) a model number you could search it from.

Solution