[SOLVED] Can I replace my ASUS motherboard UX31A2 Rev. 4.1 with UX31A2 Rev. 2.0?? What's the difference?

Jan 16, 2019
I'm unsure if ASUS laptop motherboards are extremely proprietary, or if I can replace my Rev. 4.1 with a Rev. 2.0. I can't really see a difference, which concerns me the most, because otherwise I'd be better at judging whether they'd be compatible. Help please!

Solution
Thank you! I called ASUS technical support (complete waste of time) and I've done tons of research. The difference is only the amount of RAM offered. This particular motherboard has the RAM integrated (stupid) and the 2.0 offers 4Gb max RAM, while the 4.1 has 8Gb RAM. If it were my machine, I'd order the 2.0 JUST SO WE'D ALL FINALLY HAVE AN ANSWER, but this is for a picky client so we're doing it right. Thanks again for your response! I hope this helps some poor desperate soul like me in the future :)
For desktop, if the MBs have same model, but with different Rev. version, usually they will be same, but they will have different BIOS version too.

For laptop, you should buy the exactly same model MB, because you will never know they will have the same ports layout, like the USB, LAN, power, etc. I know you may look at they online, me did too, yes they look like the same online, but who knows until you get it.

Jan 16, 2019
Thank you! I called ASUS technical support (complete waste of time) and I've done tons of research. The difference is only the amount of RAM offered. This particular motherboard has the RAM integrated (stupid) and the 2.0 offers 4Gb max RAM, while the 4.1 has 8Gb RAM. If it were my machine, I'd order the 2.0 JUST SO WE'D ALL FINALLY HAVE AN ANSWER, but this is for a picky client so we're doing it right. Thanks again for your response! I hope this helps some poor desperate soul like me in the future :)

Solution