Question can I replace my GTX1650 with a Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060

Jun 2, 2023
I was wondering if you could advise me whether I could replace my GTX1650 with a Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 Windforce OC 12GB Graphics Card. My PC is running Windows 10 with all updates and the following hardware:-

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor, 3793 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BaseBoard Product X570 GAMING X
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB

The card might work, but it would be much better if you upgrade your current PSU as well. Your current PSU model is not a very high-end SKU, and Gigabyte/Nvidia recommend a min high quality 550 Watts PSU.

That's a low budget Corsair PSU model though. You would much better off and SAFE by upgrading to some other high quality power supply unit. For the RTX 3060 I would definitely recommend grabbing some other PSU.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Agree with the others, the VS line of PSUs are strictly meant for office setups. Never to be put in a gaming machine. They are just not good enough.

The are lots of good quality PSUs like Seasonic Focus, Corsair RM/RMx/RMi/TXM, EVGA G2/G3.

Be sure to get a good quality gold rated one. You can link some you're thinking of and we can advise.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.