[SOLVED] Can i replace my old Ups battery with this one ?

Dec 25, 2021
my UPS fit 2 batteries
Original battery is
npw36-12 12V,36W/Cell , 10 Min
link for the old original battery
Yuasa NPW36-12 Battery - 12 VDC 7 AH - 1 Year Warranty – Battery Backup Power, Inc. (backupbatterypower.com)

New battery
Luggar BT-1270 12V7AH
12V35W Cell 10min /1.6V
Constant Voltage Charge 25c
cycle use 14.40 -15.00 V
Standby use 13.50 - 13.80 V
Initial Current Less Than 2.10A
New battery Link
באלון מחשבים סוללה לאלפסק 12 וולט בהספק של 7AH (alon-computers.co.il)

as you can see
there is a difference of 1 W between old and new battery

Solution
The original battery is a high rate type with thicker lead plates designed to power a heavy load and give up its energy in a short space of time like you'd expect in a PC UPS, when I google the replacement one you listed it states it as being general purpose although the link you posted shows it as being a high rate type in the picture. General purpose types will likely sag too much under load to reliably power a PC consuming a few hundred watts.

I'd message the store and get them to double check as you don't want to install a general purpose VRLA in place of a high discharge rate battery, it's a bit of scam online where sellers will hint at the battery being a high discharge rate type only for it to be a general purpose type. The tell...

crazyal

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
The original battery is a high rate type with thicker lead plates designed to power a heavy load and give up its energy in a short space of time like you'd expect in a PC UPS, when I google the replacement one you listed it states it as being general purpose although the link you posted shows it as being a high rate type in the picture. General purpose types will likely sag too much under load to reliably power a PC consuming a few hundred watts.

I'd message the store and get them to double check as you don't want to install a general purpose VRLA in place of a high discharge rate battery, it's a bit of scam online where sellers will hint at the battery being a high discharge rate type only for it to be a general purpose type. The tell tale sign is the price difference.

The 1W difference (assuming the LUGGAR BT-1270 really is a high discharge rate type) won't make much of a difference.

Another thing is battery terminal size, the high discharge rate batteries often have wider terminals (F2' type, which means the tab is 6.3mm (. 25”) wide) for the extra load current whilst the general purpose ones have smaller terminals ('F1' type, which means the tab is 4.8mm (. 187”) wide).

Also I think the NPW36-12 has been superseded by the NPW45-12.

Solution