Question Can I replace the B250M-HDV with the ASUS ROG STRIX Z270G GAMING?

Sep 27, 2020
I'm looking to upgrade my motherboard, a B250M-HDV to the ASUS ROG STRIX Z270G GAMING, but I am unsure if my new motherboard will have the same compatibility as my old one. I am unsure if it will fit my PC case, fit the IO slot, and have the compatibility like my B250M-HDV.

Do both have the same capability, and will I have any issues installing the new motherboard into my PC case? I'm looking for a similar motherboard in dimension, etc. that can enhance my performance, etc..

Current:
https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/B250M-HDV/index.asp

New:

I'm looking to upgrade my motherboard, a B250M-HDV to the ASUS ROG STRIX Z270G GAMING, but I am unsure if my new motherboard will have the same compatibility as my old one. I am unsure if it will fit my PC case, fit the IO slot, and have the compatibility like my B250M-HDV.

Do both have the same capability, and will I have any issues installing the new motherboard into my PC case? I'm looking for a similar motherboard in dimension, etc. that can enhance my performance, etc..

Current:
https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/B250M-HDV/index.asp

New:
What CPU do you have ? The main difference is that Z270 chipset supports overclocking, and the B250 does not. Both support 6 and 7 th generation Intel processors.
But you need a CPU that supports overclocking in order to use that feature.
Concerning the size, both motherboards are micro ATX. They will fit in the same case; the place of the IO slots is standard.
So, if you do not overclock, there will be no performance enhancement.

What do you feel is your limiting factor with you present setup ?

Sep 27, 2020
What CPU do you have ? The main difference is that Z270 chipset supports overclocking, and the B250 does not. Both support 6 and 7 th generation Intel processors.
But you need a CPU that supports overclocking in order to use that feature.
Concerning the size, both motherboards are micro ATX. They will fit in the same case; the place of the IO slots is standard.
So, if you do not overclock, there will be no performance enhancement.

What do you feel is your limiting factor with you present setup ?
The current CPU I have is the i7-7700k. My case fans and CPU cooler are probably the limiting factors, then the motherboard. Yet, I feel comfortable with my fans. I'm unsure if I should upgrade my fans, or my motherboard itself. My friend did tell me that my motherboard is pretty outdated, so I decided to opt for a new motherboard, yet, I am unsure which I should upgrade.