Question Can I replace toner in my Brother HL-L2320D using third party refills for TN-630??

louweed

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2015
I used to have an older Brother printer where I simply followed a tutorial online to easily use toner in bottles purchased on Amazon to replace the toner on it's TN-420 cartridge. I've upgraded to a Brother HL-L2320D that needs a refill but when I take out the cartridge it seems almost impossible to open and refill. Does anyone know if i can? and if so a youtube link or tutorial on how ?

Ralston18

Titan
There is likely to be "some way" but doing so is not recommended.

Agree that replacement cartridges are expensive and that toner "refills" are (or may appear to be) an attractive, cheaper option.

Bear in mind though that refilling cartridges yourself is exactly what printer manufacturers do not want you to be able to do.

[Barring those manufacturers who have created that option for you..... more marketing and any real savings may be difficult to determine.]

Ink and toner pricing is where the manufacturer's make most of their money.....

And third party toner products are likely to cause all sorts or problems.

Using such products and/or attempting refills will likely void any printer warranties.

Bottom line: do not do refills - just try to control the amount of printing being done to conserve toner.

Just my thoughts on the matter.