Question Can I replace usb front ports on case?

my EVGA dg-7x(4get exact model) case is having "temperamental" issues in 1 of the USB 3.0 on the top of case.

It will at times not detect anything in it, will other times disconnect device then reconnect it, or stop working for awhile period.

how difficult would it be to replace? (never had replace a usb before)

and what is a good brand to go with if so?

also possible to use the usb 2(3?) header to upgrade front panel to a usb 3 and a type c or does type c use a different header type?

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to contact EVGA and see if they will ship you a replacement front panel module for the case in question. To answer you last question, that would depend on how the connector inside the chassis is and if your board has the necessary connection as well as the wiring necessary for a Type C port.

Are you sure your front panel is intact and you're not suffering from a driver/OS issue?

You might want to contact EVGA and see if they will ship you a replacement front panel module for the case in question. To answer you last question, that would depend on how the connector inside the chassis is and if your board has the necessary connection as well as the wiring necessary for a Type C port.

Are you sure your front panel is intact and you're not suffering from a driver/OS issue?
pretty sure its the port itself.

there are 2 3.0s side by side.
the right 1 works perfectly.
the left one is the problematic one.

I did take your advice on sending a support email to EVGA about it. Hopefully ends up well.

Last edited: