Can I reuse my storage drives in my new pc build?

Jul 22, 2018
Old build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/36Kq6X

New build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cvbx29

The 128gb sdd is only for windows and a few apps/games, the 2tb hdd is just for files and games.

I have all the new parts except storage drives. Is there any way I could reuse my 128gb ssd (with windows 10 i bought using a disc install) in my new build? Can I reuse the 2tb hdd in the new build? I dont care about wiping my data, I just dont want to have to buy windows 10 again. Thanks

USAFRet

Titan
Solution
If you bought Win10, you can certainly reinstall it on new hardware if the old system is no longer using WIndows, but, an OEM addition might have to be reactivated, and, possibly via a phone call...

Boot from install media (easiest to redownload latest Win10 iso to a USB flash drive to avoid having to redownload a new 2-4 GB edition and 104 updates anyway after an install of a 12 month old retail version), point BIOS to boot from it in Boot Device Priority, Custom Install, and delete the existing partition, start from scratch/quick format is fine.

Most definitely (as long as you reinstall windows)! As long as you have your product key/an account associated with an activated copy of windows, you should be able to reinstall it just fine. Also, I tweaked your build a bit; added a much better CPU cooler and swapped out the RAM/board for units that are still of high quality.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($347.89 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler ($67.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($148.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($170.98 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB WINDFORCE OC 8G Video Card ($498.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Pro 5 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case ($72.80 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1377.63
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-22 15:48 EDT-0400

TRENDING THREADS