Can I RMA my power supply if it burst/broke during travel?

Elf_Knight

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
So I was carrying my Corsair 650 watt PSU in my backpack but when I opened it up after traveling on the coach I noticed white fluid in the PSU as if something broke or ruptured. I think part of the PSU burst but it's not safe to use and I don't know how to fix it. The PSU is brand new only a month or two old. Pretty sure it is under warranty by Corsair. Can I get a new one sent to me? Or would they not give me a replacement cause I traveled with it? I packed it in the original box in my backpack not suitcase cause I thought it would break but it still broke and I don't want to buy another one if I can get a replacement under warranty. If I can RMA the PSU how do I do that? I am in the UK by the way. Do I just go onto the Corsair website? Do they have a number or something? I bought the PSU from Amazon. If it's too much hassle and money I will just get a new one from EVGA or something. They aren't too costly.

Solution
The white goop (i.e. caulk) is completely normal and is applied during the manufacturing process (i.e. at the end of the pick and place line). It's usually applied on wire-wound chokes to prevent the core from vibrating (i.e. coil whine) and on other large components to relieve stress on solder joints during transport.

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9NL1gvNTk0MzkzL29yaWdpbmFsL2luX3RyYW5zaWVudGIxLmpwZw==

ragnar-gd

Reputable
Contact Amazon by email, and ask for advice.
Don't mention the transport.
You can do this with good conscience, as i don't think the transport could have done that to your PSU.
But as that "fluid" in the PSU might be just ok, if you can, post a photo...

The white goop (i.e. caulk) is completely normal and is applied during the manufacturing process (i.e. at the end of the pick and place line). It's usually applied on wire-wound chokes to prevent the core from vibrating (i.e. coil whine) and on other large components to relieve stress on solder joints during transport.

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9NL1gvNTk0MzkzL29yaWdpbmFsL2luX3RyYW5zaWVudGIxLmpwZw==

Solution