Can I run 2 1050TI for better performance in general?

jenkinszackary8

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
Recently I purchased a EVGA 1050TI FTW edition off of amazon and Canada post delivered it to the wrong mailbox, so Amazon was kind enough to send me another one. Now on the slight chance that the original order does get mailed back to my house and I have 2 1050TIs, could I run them both for any better performance, besides gaming. I know that you can't SLI them because they don't have that feature, but could I still put both them in my system for any better performance(rendering, general computing power, etc)? If I'am able to put them both in my system, would I have any problems? My system specs are FX-6300, M95A7 R2.0, 8GB Ram, 600W power supply. Thanks alot!

Solution
Depends what price you can get for them.
Selling both for a better card is an option, however the rest of your system is lacking pretty heavily.

I would sell one and put it towards a new processor/motherboard.

Lutfij

Titan
SLI support is non existent on GTX1060's and below since they lack the connector on the top of the card. With your current setup, I'd be more concerned about the platform not being able to keep up with an SLI setup. For a single card solution you're going to be fine provided the PSU you're dealing with is of a reliable brand/quality!

That being said, you're not going to gain anything with 2xGTX1050Ti's outside of more power draw.

jenkinszackary8

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017

I already spoke to a amazon rep, she said I wouldn't have to send back the extra cards if I do recieve it.

So in general, would I be better off selling both of them to get a better single card? Maybe 1070 or something in that range?

jenkinszackary8

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017

Alright thanks alot