Can I run 2 monitors off dedicated and 1 off integrated?

ajunner

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
Hello,
Yesterday I found two extra monitors lying around and decided to put them to use. I plugged one into my graphics card using DVI and the other into my motherboard, again using DVI. I couldn't plug the monitors directly into my graphics card because these monitors are quite old and don't support HDMI. When I turned the PC on, only 1 of the new monitors worked, the one which was plugged into the motherboard didn't work at all. Does this mean I have to enable my integrated graphics in order for it to work? What will happen if I use both my GPU and intergrated at the same time? Could I damage my PC? I found the setting to force integrated in my bios under GFX settings, is this the right one? I'm scared I'll damage my PC. Specs are below:

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
CPU: AMD A10-5800K Trinity 32nm Technology
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology F2A55M-DS2 (P0)
RAM: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1600 Mhz
GPU: 2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R7 260X
Storage: 1 TB Western Digital Blue
Power Supply: Corsair VS550

Thanks!

N1KKII

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015
You can use the integrated and dedicated graphics at the same time. Just plug one monitor into the graphics card. Plug the other monitor(or TV) into your motherboard (that is only possible with motherboards with integrated graphics- some motherboards don't).

EDIT: In your mobo got that ! :)