[SOLVED] Can I run 3200 Mhz RAM on my A320?

Jul 3, 2020
Hey all, open to any advice - I had a budget gaming rig made a while back and then have recently been getting upgrades.

Mobo: Gigabyte GA A320 M-S2H
GPU: Geforce Dual GTX 1650-O4G
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 - 3400 Mhz 6 Core

Upgraded so far:
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGBPro 32GB 3200 Mhz - CMW32GX4M2C3200C16

A bit overkill, I know, but want to build a better rig in the future and will swap out ram to that.

Just wondering if I can get the 3200 Mhz Ram to run more than the around 2128 Mhz that it runs at out of the box.

Tried using the DRAM Calculator - Didn't realize before that perhaps the A320 Mobo isn't supported in it?

Screenshot of stats for Memory, CPU and current voltage below:

Mem Screenshot
CPU & Voltage

Solution
egda23 and jessenwindlim, Thanks so much for responding - I tried the XMP profile 1 and once restarting it will only show a black screen. Reverted back to default - If my mobo only supports 2666 Mhz is it possible to set the timings to in order to get it running at 2666? If so, can you suggest how I can figure those timings out?

Again, thanks for any advice as I'm trying to learn as I go here.

These are the setting of the XMP Profile

pgZSiEU.jpg
A timing for the xmp1 is quite loose already , try using xmp1 + 2666 , if it doesnt boot still , well you gotta hope for even looser timings ( if it somehow happens )
Did y
Hey all, open to any advice - I had a budget gaming rig made a while back and then have recently been getting upgrades.

Mobo: Gigabyte GA A320 M-S2H
GPU: Geforce Dual GTX 1650-O4G
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 - 3400 Mhz 6 Core

Upgraded so far:
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGBPro 32GB 3200 Mhz - CMW32GX4M2C3200C16

A bit overkill, I know, but want to build a better rig in the future and will swap out ram to that.

Just wondering if I can get the 3200 Mhz Ram to run more than the around 2128 Mhz that it runs at out of the box.

Tried using the DRAM Calculator - Didn't realize before that perhaps the A320 Mobo isn't supported in it?

Screenshot of stats for Memory, CPU and current voltage below:

Mem Screenshot
CPU & Voltage
[/QUOTDi
Did you enable the XMP profile in the Bios per the manual of your MoBo
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-a320m-s2h_1001_v2_e.pdf

However when using the GSkill configurator the highest speed for 2x16 GB sticks is 2666 MHz for your mobo

Last edited:
Reactions: jemzem

jessenwindlim

Commendable
Aug 29, 2018
Did y

Did you enable the XMP profile in the Bios per the manual of your MoBo
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-a320m-s2h_1001_v2_e.pdf

However when using the GSkill configurator the highest speed for 2x16 GB sticks is 2666 MHz for your mobo

The gskill web tool is kinda sketchy at most , i used it and it shows max of 2666 for my mobo , but i've pushed 2933 stable and 3200 11/12 stable

(To op )
Also the ram needs to have its profile enabled to reach 3200 , or you could make it do 3200 manually ( recommend by profile anyways ) 1st gen board and ryzen has a soft limit of 3200mhz memory , some did go above 3200 tho , if you wanna try

Reactions: jemzem
Jul 3, 2020
egda23 and jessenwindlim, Thanks so much for responding - I tried the XMP profile 1 and once restarting it will only show a black screen. Reverted back to default - If my mobo only supports 2666 Mhz is it possible to set the timings to in order to get it running at 2666? If so, can you suggest how I can figure those timings out?

pgZSiEU.jpg

jessenwindlim

Commendable
Aug 29, 2018

pgZSiEU.jpg
A timing for the xmp1 is quite loose already , try using xmp1 + 2666 , if it doesnt boot still , well you gotta hope for even looser timings ( if it somehow happens )

Solution
Jul 3, 2020

Thanks so much for the advice - I got it to work on XMP profile and then adjusting the speed to 26.66 - It's stable so far.

Your advice was much appreciated and I learned even more - Thanks again!

Jul 3, 2020
If you want to, use the xmp1 BUT go to 2933 , if its stable , keep climbing by small increments

Thanks again - I tried increasing to 2933 and it seems to be really stable - is there a formula for raising by increments like you said? Also, when I increase in increments do I need to be tightening the other settings as well?