Can i run 8800 gt and 560 ti together

mayhemxxxx

Distinguished
May 30, 2011
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if i can run asus 560 ti and evga 8800gt together? Not sli of course. I want to use my old 8800 gt for my 3rd monitor. Since 560 ti only supports 2 monitor i thought my old video card could be useful :). Is this gonna cause any issues or am i gonna lose any performance on my 560 ti? Which pci_E slot i should use for my 8800gt?

Here is my specs.

intel i2600k
asus z77-v pro
16gb ram
assus 560ti
750w PSU
A lot of HDDs

Thanks!

Solution
Honestly, I haven't looked at the PhysX settings in a few years as I never had dual NVIDIA cards running, but I believe you can pick which card PhysX runs on in the NVIDIA display settings application that you can access from the right-click context menu of the Windows Desktop. There should be a PhysX tab in there somewhere.
Provided your games use the 560 ti, your performance will be fine. Pretty sure you'd notice if you told the game to run on the 8800. :) Otherwise, I wouldn't even expect you would need to even install any more drivers on top of what you've already installed for that configuration to work.

You could always use the 8800 GT as a PhysX card in games, which may or may not improve things to your liking.

mayhemxxxx

Distinguished
May 30, 2011

In order to use the 8800gt as a PhysX i need to change the settings from auto to 8800gt under nvidia panel correct? Or do I need to setup anything in games? I`d like to test all the options :)

Honestly, I haven't looked at the PhysX settings in a few years as I never had dual NVIDIA cards running, but I believe you can pick which card PhysX runs on in the NVIDIA display settings application that you can access from the right-click context menu of the Windows Desktop. There should be a PhysX tab in there somewhere.

Solution