Can i run a 3 panel display by using 3 display port on gpu to hdmi monitors?

nednerbish

Honorable
Oct 22, 2014
I have 200$ to get another monitor or two. I already have a new Lg 22mp48hq 22" ips monitor i bought a few weeks ago. So i was considering getting two more of them on sale for less than 100$ each. I have an Evga gtx 1060 sc 6gb gpu with 3disp ports, i hdmi and 1 dvi-d. Or I thought of getting 2 slim bezel monitors but then my character would always be in the crack. So for gaming 3 seems the best way to go. I've just never had more than 1 monitor before and don't want to buy these before knowing it will work getting 2 more of the Lg monitors. Im currently running pc to living room 60"tv.

Solution

Yes, just use this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GW8DZV4/

nednerbish

Honorable
Oct 22, 2014

Thank you for the response. I saw there were disp port- hdmi cables and wondered if just buying 3 of those would work. Will 3 look like shit in a row because of the 1/2" bezel on each so there'd be a full inch bezel on each side?

Those would work too though dongles are generally preferable since they give you more flexibility if you need a DisplayPort to HDMI connection in the future that is longer distance, you don't need to buy another longer DP to HDMI cable.

How much bezels matter is really a matter of personal opinion, I'm not bothered by them but that's just me.

Solution

nednerbish

Honorable
Oct 22, 2014

Ok, can you kind of overlap the side panel bezels with the front on to reduce amount since they're going to be angled so its kind of curved? If it was you would you buy a 60hz 1080 200$ 40" black fri tv or a cheap 27" samsung curved monitor or just buy 2 more of this model 22" lg and get a vesa desk mount as im setting up a corner gaming desk. Im so conflicted and indecisive. I ordered the 27" samsung then changed my mind and cancelled order as I want to make sure Im happy with setup. Ive always thought a 3 monitor setup looked so fun to game on but i dont know how it all works. Im fairly new to pc gaming.