Can I Run a 4GB GTX 960 SSC and 960 FTW+ in SLI?

Creill

Commendable
Jun 30, 2016
I currently have a EVGA 4GB GTX 960 SSC graphics card and intended to get a second of the exact same card to run in SLI but Newegg sold out of it, which caused me to look at similar cards and i was wondering if i could run the EVGA 4GB GTX 960 FTW+ in SLI alongside my current card. Any help would be appreciated, Thank you

Solution
yes it should work fine. It will down clock to the lowest common denominator. So whichever card is lowest clocks, will be the speed that the other one works at.

First poster is correct though. Although SLI is a cool thing, it often results in issues like micro-stuttering and lack of support for a lot of games. Getting a single more powerful card is always the way to go. Price dependent of course.
Yes, you can, but SLI with lower end cards is not worth it. Selling your current card and using the total money to buy a new, more powerful one would make a lot more sense, especially if you can push the budget and get a GTX 1070 (or heck, the upcoming GTX 1060).

yes it should work fine. It will down clock to the lowest common denominator. So whichever card is lowest clocks, will be the speed that the other one works at.

First poster is correct though. Although SLI is a cool thing, it often results in issues like micro-stuttering and lack of support for a lot of games. Getting a single more powerful card is always the way to go. Price dependent of course.

Solution

Creill

Commendable
Jun 30, 2016

thanks for the info, i was considering saving to upgrade to a GTX 1070, but after looking at some of the clocks and benchmarks compared to 4gb 960 sli it seemed to compete rather well for the price point but you're probably right about the lack of support, etc. i will likely look into it again. Thank You!

TRENDING THREADS