Do you think this Single Channel 16Gb DDR4 2400 MHz can run

1. 20-30 Chrome tabs
2. Adobe Lightroom
3. Adobe Illustrator
4. Adobe Premier Pro
5. and a very demanding games like Battlefield 1

at the same time flawlessly?

Solution
If you have the option to get 32GB FROM THE FACTORY, do that. If you try to add 16GB later, even if the ram is the same brand, speed, timings, etc., if it is not sold in a kit, it may or may not work together. RAM sold in kits has been tested together.

Klee24

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

I usually have 15 tabs. I doubled it just in case.

So, you are saying I should go 32Gb? the laptop will have a single 16Gb from the factory.

Is a laptop a requirement? I guess the ram channel does not matter if it's a laptop. 16gb is not enough to run all that at once, but why would you have all that open if you're gaming in the first place?

If you have the option to get 32GB FROM THE FACTORY, do that. If you try to add 16GB later, even if the ram is the same brand, speed, timings, etc., if it is not sold in a kit, it may or may not work together. RAM sold in kits has been tested together.

Solution

Klee24

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

Good point. That is actually an unlikely scenario for me, yes, but definitely could happen if I am too lazy to turn off the game or leave it on for convenience reasons. So, you are saying that if the unlikely scenario really happens 32Gb would be a better option. Right?