can i run an fx 6300 but not have a dedicated gpu?

cole12359

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
i'm planning on getting this cpu but do not have the money for a gpu and am not sure if the computer will work without one.

Solution
The FX series DOES NOT have integrated graphics onboard the CPU itself. As was stated earlier, if the motherboard has an integrated graphics chipset, it will be fine. There are motherboards out there that do, it really depends on what model you have.

austing

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
yes, the fx6300 has a dedicated onboard graphics and will be fine without a dedicated graphics unit

BE WARE: Your games and video processes will suffer from the weak onboard graphics though.

The FX series DOES NOT have integrated graphics onboard the CPU itself. As was stated earlier, if the motherboard has an integrated graphics chipset, it will be fine. There are motherboards out there that do, it really depends on what model you have.

Solution

OMGoldRickyMerw

Reputable
Jan 29, 2015

I have the Asrock 960GC-GS FX This Mother Does Support Onboard Graphics (AMD Radeon 3000) I Would Recommend This But if U Have The Money Get The Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 Motherboard

bmacsys

Honorable
BANNED

You must have bought a "magic" 6300! You are right about the onboard graphics being weak. They exhibit ZERO pixels! And you are a "CPU Master". So much for that badge having any meaning.....

bmacsys

Honorable
BANNED

All the boards that have built in graphics are really crappy boards for FX cpu's.. They were designed pre- FX and it shows. They have half-baked bios support bolted on. They don't have the vrm circuitry of a good 970 chipset board or even a mediocre 990 chipset board. This is very important as a 6300 or 8320 or even a 4350 are very demanding and really work best with 8+2 boards with a nice heatpiped northbridge and mosfets.