Can I run gta 4 and cod ghost on gt 710?

Feb 4, 2019
I known that 710 is not a gaming card but I just want to play some mid level games on low settings and resolution. My budget is tight and I am going to buy a laptop soon so I want to save money for that. So please tell me that can I play games like ac 2,3 gta 4,5 and cod series from world at war to black ops 2 and some other games on lowest settings in playable fps? And also is the heat produced by gt 710 is high as it doesn't have fans and will it effect my room's temperature. I am going for this card because in my country(India) it is best in this range.
My specs cpu- Intel pentiutm dual core e5400
Ram- 4gb ddr3

I doubt that a GT710 is enough better than whatever graphics you are now using to be worth the purchase.

Why not buy the games and see how you do first?

As to heat, whatever heat generated by a graphics card will be dissipated into your room regardless if the card has fans or not.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
What resolution and refresh rate is your monitor?

What is your budget, and location? Even a GT 730 (the GDDR5 version) will do better, but it's easier to make a recommendation knowing what you have now (I assume you're running on integrated graphics currently?), what you can spend, and what's available in your area.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador

64-bit, you mean? :D

And, it gets even more confusing. IF you go with the GT 730

There's a 128-bit DDR3 version. Avoid it.
There's a 64-bit DDR3 version. Avoid it.
There's a 64-bit GDDR5 version - This is the one you want.

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-730/specifications

Feb 4, 2019

Feb 4, 2019
My monitor is pretty old. It resolution is 1366*768 and refresh rate is 60hz.
Actually i can buy 730 but i think that my old processor and 4gb ram will cause bottleneck. I cannot upgrade ram as my os is 32bit. Also I don't want to spend too much on this pc as I am going to buy a laptop soon. Till then I just want to game with these specs.
I live in India and both 710 and 730 are available here. 710 is of 3100 INR (45 us dollar) and 730 4gb is of 6800 INR ( approx 100 usd) but I am sure the offline prices are less than these.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
That sounds wrong, there are no 4GB GT 730 cards that I'm aware of, and they're not listed on Nvidia's page under specifications.

I just think that the GT 710 will be extremely disappointing. If you go with the GT 730, make sure it's the 1GB GDDR5 version. Don't obsess about bottlenecking.

BUT.... if you're going to buy a laptop soon, and it has greater graphics capability than your existing system, perhaps its best not to upgrade at all, and keep this money in reserve to put toward the laptop.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
They are all DDR3 for that model.

This one seems to be a 2GB GDDR5 model, but the various specs I've found when looking this up don't make a lot of sense and seem to be kind of mismatched, which makes me somewhat suspicious of it.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B076CBB8CV/?tag=pcp03-21

Getting the right GT730 seems to be pushing the budget higher and higher, though. I think it's worth considering whether you can live with the current performance until you get the laptop you mentioned.