Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulReaver009

Reputable
Feb 20, 2019
I only have 2 SSDs, and I would like to run Intel Rapid Storage Technology in conjunction with Smart Response Technology.
Can I do this to improve performance? I do not have an HDD.

It takes my computer over 1 minute to boot up.
I would like to reduce this time, as well as improve performance in games, and other programs and applications.

I am looking for YES or NO answers. If YES, please elaborate. If not, please do not tell me to go out and buy this or that.
No disrespect, just do not want my question, post, thread, to get hijacked into best HDD and SSD combos.

I have 128 GB SSD and 256 GB SSD.
I want to partition my 128 GB SSD, into 30GB and 98GB (minus firmware). Set up 30GB in RAID for IRST and ISRT.
Install OS on my 256 GB SSD, and use the 30GB partition for caching.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thank you
Gilbert

If your computer is taking over 1 minute to boot up and you have 2 SSD's - then you have a major problem in your computer. I would suggest you have MALWARE on your computer and you should use something like Malwarebytes to scan it or ZHPCleaner.
In all my years, I have only ever had infected computers take over a minute to load up with an SSD.

SoulReaver009

Reputable
Feb 20, 2019
I just did clean OS install, and have all drivers up to date. It is the same with my tower PC that I have. I have a corsair SSD and it takes a little over a minute to get to the desktop.

I have 16 GB RAM with i7 2760qm, with Nvidia Quadro 3000m
I also have Kaspersky Pure 3.0 up to date. Have done full scans and it says it is clean.
I have run malware bytes before, and it is always the same.
I have updated my OS and nothing changes.

The fastest I ever got it to boot up was just under 55 seconds.

PLEASE HELP!
Thanks

Shinsetta

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2012
When you said startup, did you mean the time to get to Windows login? If that's the case, something is definitely wrong. It takes me 13 seconds for my computer to boot up and I think it's slow. But, I've got a lot of startup stuff on my computer even before login. I could uninstall it but I don't want to.

So, there is something definitely wrong if you're talking about logging in. If it's a complete startup like for the Windows to show up and load all your startups, it takes me maybe 5 minutes. (I have tons of stuff installed like 20 virtual desktops, alternate to Windows finder, etc.) Something in the chain is broken. Did you get it fixed?

I only have 2 SSDs, and I would like to run Intel Rapid Storage Technology in conjunction with Smart Response Technology.
Can I do this to improve performance? I do not have an HDD.

It takes my computer over 1 minute to boot up.
I would like to reduce this time, as well as improve performance in games, and other programs and applications.

I am looking for YES or NO answers. If YES, please elaborate. If not, please do not tell me to go out and buy this or that.
No disrespect, just do not want my question, post, thread, to get hijacked into best HDD and SSD combos.

I have 128 GB SSD and 256 GB SSD.
I want to partition my 128 GB SSD, into 30GB and 98GB (minus firmware). Set up 30GB in RAID for IRST and ISRT.
Install OS on my 256 GB SSD, and use the 30GB partition for caching.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thank you
Gilbert

USAFRet

Titan
When you said startup, did you mean the time to get to Windows login? If that's the case, something is definitely wrong. It takes me 13 seconds for my computer to boot up and I think it's slow. But, I've got a lot of startup stuff on my computer even before login. I could uninstall it but I don't want to.

So, there is something definitely wrong if you're talking about logging in. If it's a complete startup like for the Windows to show up and load all your startups, it takes me maybe 5 minutes. (I have tons of stuff installed like 20 virtual desktops, alternate to Windows finder, etc.) Something in the chain is broken. Did you get it fixed?
This thread is almost 2 yrs old.
The OP has not been seen since then. Unlikely he will return.

Status
Not open for further replies.