Can I run Linux distros on my Lenovo ThinkPad tablet?

johnsmith12345

Commendable
May 25, 2016
Hi all, I bought a Lenovo ThinkPad tablet about a few years ago. But the device is getting old and it takes half minute or more to open applications such as Chrome Browser and Evernote etc.

I was trying to use multirom to install Linux distros on the device but multirom is not allowed me to install any Linux distros as it says the device is not compatible. So, I tried to upgrade my opeating system and I think Lenovo doesn't provide any upgrade of this device any more.

What you guys think about this? Can I make my tablet faster? Mainly, I would use my tablet to write articles or watch some Youtube videos in my free time. So, I just want to run most of applications or software smoothly without any lagging, that's why I am trying to put a lightweight Linux distros on my tablet. By the way. is it possible for you guys to give me the tutorials as well because it's not quite easy to find a tutorial about this topic. Thanks.

Look on xda forum for your tablet. It is possible to boot strap into debian. Also possible to run gnu/linux on a few models.

Please first look into running "cyanogenmod" or other "aosp" rom. They will typically run better than what comes stock

McHenryB

Admirable
There are lots of different Thinkpad tablets, some using ARM processors, some x86. You need to tell us the particular model you have before a meaningful answer would be possible.

Or you could just Google "Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet Linux".

johnsmith12345

Commendable
May 25, 2016

Thanks for your reply. I thought about I should put ARM Linux on my tablet but I had no idea how to do this. I am sorry to say there are not many discussion about this device or this is not a very popular model. There is the details of the edvice: http://www.cnet.com/au/products/lenovo-thinkpad-tablet/specs/

johnsmith12345

Commendable
May 25, 2016

Thanks for your reply. I will get you back soon.