Can I run Minecraft?

Heavy Pootis

Reputable
Feb 24, 2017
Hey Guys,

I want to play minecraft on desktop pc so before buying I want to ask that will minecraft says that the pixel format not accelerated.

My PC:

Core 2 duo e6550 2.33 GHZ
8gb ram ddr2
Intel Q43/Q45 Express Chipset 1gb

Solution
You have the absolute bare minimum IGP video card with OpenGL 2.1 support. For a game with such crude graphics, Minecraft only really works well with powerful hardware, and especially newer versions perform very poorly with old hardware.

Try it and if performance is too poor you can use an older version like 1.7.10 or 1.7.2 which only needed OpenGL 2.0 and worked fine even on P4. Just keep in mind that multiplayer can only connect to a server of the same version--which is of little issue if you are hosting the server.
You have the absolute bare minimum IGP video card with OpenGL 2.1 support. For a game with such crude graphics, Minecraft only really works well with powerful hardware, and especially newer versions perform very poorly with old hardware.

Try it and if performance is too poor you can use an older version like 1.7.10 or 1.7.2 which only needed OpenGL 2.0 and worked fine even on P4. Just keep in mind that multiplayer can only connect to a server of the same version--which is of little issue if you are hosting the server.

Solution