[SOLVED] Can I run more that 2 SSDs Safely with my mother board?

waynerh0des

Honorable
Sep 28, 2015
Im running out of space on my main drive that runs the Win 10 and applications I use for work . The drive is 256GB
I store work and work off of the D drive which is 500GB.

Im getting a 1TB SSD, the plan is to use this for work. Wipe the 500GB and use this as my new main drive and use the 256gb as scratch disk space for my applications.

Would this setup using the 3 SSDs with my motherboard Asus AMD PRIME X370-PRO AM4 Socket Motherboard run ok?

Thanks

Wayne

Solution
Depends if both are pcie SSD it'll choke your GPU as all 3 are powered by pcie (extreme case scenario). If it's SATA it'll take max 10 watts. So no problem there unless you're rocking a 250 watt PSU with rtx 3090 sli.
Im running out of space on my main drive that runs the Win 10 and applications I use for work . The drive is 256GB
I store work and work off of the D drive which is 500GB.

Im getting a 1TB SSD, the plan is to use this for work. Wipe the 500GB and use this as my new main drive and use the 256gb as scratch disk space for my applications.

Would this setup using the 3 SSDs with my motherboard Asus AMD PRIME X370-PRO AM4 Socket Motherboard run ok?

Thanks

Wayne
I don't see why not you should have plenty of SATA ports on the motherboard. I am running 3 SSDs without an issue.

rakibfahadgts

Reputable
Aug 4, 2018
Depends if both are pcie SSD it'll choke your GPU as all 3 are powered by pcie (extreme case scenario). If it's SATA it'll take max 10 watts. So no problem there unless you're rocking a 250 watt PSU with rtx 3090 sli.

Solution