[SOLVED] Can i run my "brand new setup"

Brendon_Austin

Commendable
Jan 1, 2020
I am thinking of getting rid of some of my old parts and getting new ones. Im getting A Ryzen 3 3200g, and a Asus Prime A320M-A motherboard, so i was wondering if my PSU could handle it.
My PSU is 300w, just a 4 pin CPU conector, and 20 pin motherboard conector. My motherboard requires an 8 pin CPU conector and a 24 pin motherboard conector.
I was wondering if my PSU and motherboard would like and could handle something like that or if i even could do any OC? (I am using an APU)
Please would someone be able to give me some advice, Thank you !

Solution
I am thinking of getting rid of some of my old parts and getting new ones. Im getting A Ryzen 3 3200g, and a Asus Prime A320M-A motherboard, so i was wondering if my PSU could handle it.
My PSU is 300w, just a 4 pin CPU conector, and 20 pin motherboard conector. My motherboard requires an 8 pin CPU conector and a 24 pin motherboard conector.
I was wondering if my PSU and motherboard would like and could handle something like that or if i even could do any OC? (I am using an APU)

Ok, Here is some advice... I hope it helps.

1. I would NOT pair a Ryzen chip with a A320 board, pick a B450 board as it is only about $10 more give or take a few dollars. In my opinion...

PCMDDOCTORS

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2015

Ok, Here is some advice... I hope it helps.

1. I would NOT pair a Ryzen chip with a A320 board, pick a B450 board as it is only about $10 more give or take a few dollars. In my opinion these A320 boards are made for the lower end Athlon CPU's. Those don't require much of any resources. This takes care of your CPU & Mobo problem.

2. There is nothing wrong with the 3200g, it's an amazing APU. Because it has a integrated GPU I would not use anything below a 500w PSU. You could future proof your system a lot better if you do a tiny bit of planning ahead of time.

I hope this helps, If you have any more questions, please write back.

Test Build

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($92.98 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($74.98 @ Amazon)
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN TUF Gaming Allian 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($62.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Case: BitFenix Nova Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.90 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA B3 750 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $480.82

Last edited:
Solution

PCMDDOCTORS

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2015
What if i would replace the Asus A320M-A with a Asrock B450M-HDV, would this help ?

I would say that board is ok for a 3200g. Just keep in mind that you will need a BIOS update before that CPU will work with that board.

This List is probably the cheapest you are going to get right now in the new parts market. The board in I chose doesn't need a update and can be used for the new Ryzen 9 if you ever wanted to go that high plus a beefy power supply incase you want to add a graphics card later.

New PC