Apr 12, 2019
Hello there, i wanted to upgrade my graphics card and i have some questions :

1. can my PC run this 1050 ti fine ? (Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Low Profile 4GB GDDR5 )
  2. what about Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 570 4GB mini ? assuming that i've bought a better PSU (i only have 320w currently) (the combination of rx 570 + psu is a little bit expensive or almost equal to 1050 ti alone)
3. what about Sapphire Nitro Radeon RX 470 4GB GDDR5 ? its price is the best but it's too big and I'm not sure if it'll fit in my case (hp compaq 8200)

Here's a photo of my computer
(will this little white thing block me from installing a card ?)

i have an i5-2400
motherboard : hewlett-packard 1494

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019
you need to check if psu did not use proprietary connector first then you will need to find one that fit in the case and a low profile gpu should fit in if you have power for it .

Sorry but I don't know how to check if psu did not use propriatery connector ?
are these cards compatible with my pc ? I only need another psu right ?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
It definitely appears to be some kind of nonstandard power supply setup.

I found this auction on eBay, just to try and find the info from the Power Supply label, as well as what sort of connectors it has.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-ELITE-8...781427&hash=item4b626098ff:g:-HAAAOSwy2tZzVto

tinice, does label match what the label on your PSU says? Specifically with regard to the 16A each output on the 12Vcpu and 12Vmain rails?

It also looks like there's a single 6-pin PCIe power connector - which I assume is currently not connected to anything on your PC. Is that correct?

It seems like buying an upgraded PSU is a not-gonna-happen thing for that particular PC. Still, given that the RX 570 is listed by Sapphire as <150W, and you have a 6-pin connector on the PSU available for it, you can use it.

CPU: 95W + RX:570: 150W = 245W. The 12V rails combined technically allow 384W, but of course the caveat is that max output cannot exceed 320W.

So, 320W max, less 245W just for the CPU and RX570, leaves 75W left for the motherboard, fans, RAM, etc, etc. Basically everything else. It might be cutting it close, but should be doable I suppose. I am not familiar with how good the standard HP power supplies are, and am not sure I would necessarily take a chance on this if it were a PC that I needed to stay reliable.

The RX 470 would outperform the 1050Ti, but not perform as well as the RX 570. I think the RX470 was originally rated at 120W, but the reference I found to the Sapphire Nitro+ RX470 4GB shows 175W... which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Can you find the specs for that exact model that you found?

As to whether there'd be interference, it's hard to say, I can't tell how tall that silvery thing with the red-arrow pointing to it is, or if there'd be physical interference.

EDIT: was still writing this when scout posted. Looks like upgrading the power supply is going to either be a no-can-do, or involve some extra work. They might be pricier, but how much can you get a 6GB GTX 1060 for? That would perform in the realm of the RX580, but use less power, though still require finding one that requires only a single 6-pin PCIe connector. Physical fitment may or may not be an issue.

Apr 12, 2019
this is what's written on my psu
I'm not sure if i understand everything u said correctly, but i guess rx 570 might work on my psu but it's risky, and I really need my pc to stay reliable.
- Rx 470, all models available are big, so i don't wanna risk on it neither
also, Upgrading my psu is hard or not worth it, right ?
1060 is more expensive than 1050, so i guess i'll take the easy choice. what do you think of this version :
Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Low Profile 4GB GDDR5

Apr 12, 2019
I'm not really all that familiar with different brands, but it;s kind of hard to go wrong with any of the major names. If new, they generally come with 2 or 3 year warranties.

May I ask another question, why is it hard to upgrade my psu ? is that because of the motherboard ?
If i wanted a better card I will need to change everything ?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Based on what I'm seeing from the photo I found on the ebay posting, the connectors don't appear to be anything like standard connectors on a modern power supply - except for the 6-pin PCIe. Therefore, the motherboard's connectors are likely something that match this nonstandard setup.

I'm not even sure I understand where the power connectors that go to the hard hard drives, etc., are coming from.

A standard ATX power supply has a 24-pin main connector to the motherboard, a 4 or 8 pin connector for the CPU, a few SATA power connectors, and most of the time at least one PCIe connector for a higher powered video card.