Can I run Star Citizen

Solution
You should be able to run it just fine. The problem is really with how Alpha state Star Citizen still is. So expect lots of weird performance issues.
You can run it, but frame rate is all over the place with that game, and also very very very server dependent. Honestly and I know Ill get hate, don't buy into the Alpha right now, alot of people including myself have loss alot of faith that the game will come close to what was promised.

StarBlazer457

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2016

I'm not going to buy it until I least get a HOTAS or HOSAS setup, which will be at least a few months. I'm trying not to buy into the hype, but I'm a sucker for this kind of game. I know the frame rate will be everywhere. And the games is only $35 right now, which is better than what I spent for No Man's Sky.

Honestly Elite Dangerous or even No Mans Sky will give you a lot more for the money that they go on sale for. Star Citizen really doesn't have much to offer, you'll quickly get bored with the limited missions, buggy trading and limited exploration. And for glitches and performance, some days it'll look and run great and other days you'll turn it off after 5 mins cause of the bugs. Also the Arena Commander and Star Marine are ghost towns where the only place anyone is is the stupid races where peopel are just grinding for currency.

StarBlazer457

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2016

I have NMS for my PS4, and with the NEXT update, it's starting to get to what they promised. The original game release was not that bad, it just wasn't what they said it would be, but now it is, even though it's 2 years later. I haven't played Elite Dangerous, I've heard about it, but never looked into it. I can't wait for a nice polished space exploration game, with good multiplayer support. Maybe with Nvidia's new RTX technology, we'll get there sooner, but there is a lot of unknowns with their new technology.

joe.blobers

Prominent
Aug 12, 2017

I currently use my "old" rig setup with 4x cores I5, GTX780 3Gb and 1440P monitor. Got 30/35 fps in PU (Persistent Universe) As long you use a SSD for your OS and Star Citizen, you are good to go. Of course because of Alpha, game is not optimized yet.
Next patch 3.3 mid-October will bring much better performance with core tech OCS + Bind culling implemented. Those talking about ED or NMS forget to mention those games are out as "finished" since more than 2 years and have 1/10th of Star Citizen scope. A

Anyway looking at your config with a GTX 1070, you should get +45fps with next patch.

Aug 25, 2018

Yeah you should be able to run it alright, just make sure to install it on the ssd because the game is not optimized at the moment.

I hate to be a bother but if you do decide to buy the game i'd appreciate it if you could use my referral code STAR-FKJM-2553

You'll get about 5000 uec (the ingame currency) which is approximately 5 bucks of real money and you're helping me get some cool rewards!

StarBlazer457

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2016

If I haven't already enlisted, I would have used your referral code.

StarBlazer457

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2016

I'm using a 1080p 60hz monitor. They are having a free weekend, so I'm going to try it out.

StarBlazer457

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2016

I saw it this morning. I'm downloading it at the moment, looks like it's going to be a while.

TRENDING THREADS