[SOLVED] can i run this card

Solution
Sapphire Nitro RX 580
Specs for this card state up to 235 watts. That's far too much for just a 450 watt PSU. While the system may boot up and run fine for awhile, it may crash unexpectedly at any time (though most likely when under load).

-Wolf sends

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
I wouldn't. card can briefly consume almost 300W at full. depending on your CPU there may be no voltage for the motherboard.
the PSU has the ports but the limits are too close for comfort. this close you are risking reboots when you near the edge and overheating while running that close to the PSU's max.

the vs 450 can only provide 432W.

sqizzzzel

Commendable
Nov 5, 2019
Might I ask how better the rx580 like will there be a noticeable difference in fps in games like would it be the equivalent to a 1060 the rx580 I sent

Last edited:

sqizzzzel

Commendable
Nov 5, 2019
Good because I'm upgrading from a 1050ti so thanks for the reassurance I'm glad that it'll be a noticeable upgrade even thought it's the 4gb version of the rx580

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
It'll be noticeable - you'll be able to run high or max details in more games and be able to maintain 60fps. Or, if you have a fast refresh monitor, you'll be able to take advantage of higher refresh rates/frame rates at the same settings you're currently using.