Question Can i run two DIFFERENT gpu's and two instances of a game on ONE motherboard?

BoondockSaint080

Honorable
Jul 8, 2016
A few people online have asked similar questions but no one has been able to definitively tell me if this specific instance is possible. I have a gtx 1080ti and a gtx1060. I have one pc and a ryzen 7 2700x @4.2ghz. 16bg of ram and multiple pci-e slots. An m.2 SSD is taking up pci-e lanes i'm sure. We want to play black ops III together and i want to hook up my 1060 to my old monitor, run an instance of the game through that with another steam account that owns the game. Then, i run my main version on my 1080ti. Is this possible?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Depending on the motherboard, and assuming you can assign a minimum of x8 to each GPU...
It should be possible if you configure multiple virtual machines and assign the cores, memory and GPUs accordingly?

Simply firing it up, stock inside the OS, no - I'm not aware of any way to make that work.

Given the potential headaches, the additional power requirements etc, not to mention the fact you'd essentially be running 4c/8t and 8GB of RAM per "system" at best, it's probably not a great route to go down.

Leaving the 1080TI with the 2700X and picking up an OEM system (modern-ish i5 or better) to use the 1060 with is probably an easier/better route to go, although would likely have more cost invovled.

Jun 10, 2019
A few people online have asked similar questions but no one has been able to definitively tell me if this specific instance is possible. I have a gtx 1080ti and a gtx1060. I have one pc and a ryzen 7 2700x @4.2ghz. 16bg of ram and multiple pci-e slots. An m.2 SSD is taking up pci-e lanes i'm sure. We want to play black ops III together and i want to hook up my 1060 to my old monitor, run an instance of the game through that with another steam account that owns the game. Then, i run my main version on my 1080ti. Is this possible?
Look up Linus Tech Tips 8 gamers 1 CPU