Can I run two monitors of i5 and 1060

vipernova

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017
Can intel I5-7500k and a GeFroce GTX 1060 run two monitors? and is a firewire something I need in my build?

Solution
Yes. You can even go as high as four (for the GTX 1060). Depending on what specific GTX 1060 model you got, some have 3x DisplayPorts, 1x HDMI, and 1x DVI-D, while some have 2x DisplayPorts, 2x HDMI, and 1x DVI-D video output ports.

Just connect the appropriate output ports from the GTX 1060 to your monitor's input ports (preferably, using the same ports; though you can use adapters if your monitor's inputs does not match your GPU's).

I am running 4 monitors off of a single GTX 970 (with an i7-4790), using 1x DP, 1x HDMI, 1x DVI-I, and 1x DVI-D connection.

Depending on your motherboard, if it has the capability to run multi-iGPU/GPU (using both integrated graphics from the CPU and the dedicated GPU), you may be able to plug in...
It should. 1080p? Gaming on both or just one with a browser on the other?

Only need firewire if you have or plan to have a firewire device, such as a camcorder.

Edit: be sure to check the outputs of the gpu you select and the inouts of the monitors to make sure theres enough.

Yes. You can even go as high as four (for the GTX 1060). Depending on what specific GTX 1060 model you got, some have 3x DisplayPorts, 1x HDMI, and 1x DVI-D, while some have 2x DisplayPorts, 2x HDMI, and 1x DVI-D video output ports.

Just connect the appropriate output ports from the GTX 1060 to your monitor's input ports (preferably, using the same ports; though you can use adapters if your monitor's inputs does not match your GPU's).

I am running 4 monitors off of a single GTX 970 (with an i7-4790), using 1x DP, 1x HDMI, 1x DVI-I, and 1x DVI-D connection.

Depending on your motherboard, if it has the capability to run multi-iGPU/GPU (using both integrated graphics from the CPU and the dedicated GPU), you may be able to plug in additional monitors, this time, connected to your motherboard's video output port (aside from the ones connected to your GPU).

Solution