Saber_1

Reputable
Mar 7, 2017
First of all this is my specs
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600
RAM: 16gb HyperX Fury (1x8+2x4)
Motherboard: Gigabyte P-75
GPU: Gt 1030

I have been running different version of windows through the years. I was able to install and use windows 7/8/8.1/10 (including latest update) daily.
I have never needed to know if I had TPM/PTT because I never really used Bitlocker.

I just checked and my board DOES have a TPM header but no TPM device and I can't find a setting for PTT in bios.

So since I'm still planning to NOT use Bitlocker can I still be able to install Windows 11 and use it ?

I just checked and my board DOES have a TPM header but no TPM device and I can't find a setting for PTT in bios.

So since I'm still planning to NOT use Bitlocker can I still be able to install Windows 11 and use it ?

You can try to install Windows 11 on other PC having TPM then move the boot drive back to your computer (I'm not tested this method yet).

Or you can borrow a TPM module from someone to use on your motherboard for the installation (or just buy one). Pay attention of the TPM's number of pins as it varies from card to card.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i don't think just having it in for install is enough, the tpm is used for logon if you use PIN or Windows Hello so its actually used for security and I think if it thinks its there and its not you going to run into problems.

same probably applies to swapping drives. But swapping drives has too many problems already without adding tpm into mix

Note: Its too early to know for sure.

Reactions: Joseph_138

USAFRet

Titan
You can try to install Windows 11 on other PC having TPM then move the boot drive back to your computer (I'm not tested this method yet).

Or you can borrow a TPM module from someone to use on your motherboard for the installation (or just buy one). Pay attention of the TPM's number of pins as it varies from card to card.
Oh my thats a bad suggestion.

This is NOT an actual release version yet, not even a Preview version.
What people are trying to work with is a leaked, not quite done thing.

Requirements are NOT fully fleshed out.

Patience.

Oh my thats a bad suggestion.

This is NOT an actual release version yet, not even a Preview version.
What people are trying to work with is a leaked, not quite done thing.

Requirements are NOT fully fleshed out.

Patience.

What leaked thing? We don't even talking about Windows 11 itself, but we are talking about the hardware solution and how the OP could test the installation without the TPM.

You know what happens when we 'assume'...

And thats not even including the part about the install, and then moving that to different hardware. That introduces a whole other set of issues.

Aren't we in the Windows 11 sub-forum? As the official release won't take place before this fall, everything people talk here are assumptions.

So what's the difference?