Can i run windows 7 in Asus x556UQ??

juyelbd60

Prominent
Sep 23, 2018
I have a laptop ( asus x556uq). Some one said that it is only able to run windows10. but i want to run windows 7. is it possible??

Solution
Sorry No, I don't have access to your laptop see which exact drivers you may need.
Google has found several sites discussing this very laptop.

I would begin by making a full backup of your current drive.
When you find the drivers you need, download them from their official site rather then what a site may be linking to. (example - don't download your intel driver from any other site then Intel.com) It's pretty easy to have the link say INTEL but have it actually go someplace completely different.

popatim

Titan
Yes it can run windows 7 but Asus does not support it so they have no drivers for you to download and install. You will have to make note of all the devices on your pc such as chipset, graphics, usb, network, sound..., that will need win7 drivers to work and download them before you begin..

juyelbd60

Prominent
Sep 23, 2018

popatim

Titan
Sorry No, I don't have access to your laptop see which exact drivers you may need.
Google has found several sites discussing this very laptop.

I would begin by making a full backup of your current drive.
When you find the drivers you need, download them from their official site rather then what a site may be linking to. (example - don't download your intel driver from any other site then Intel.com) It's pretty easy to have the link say INTEL but have it actually go someplace completely different.

Solution