[SOLVED] Can I safely overclock my system?

Apr 30, 2020
Lenovo Legion Y530-15ICH Laptop
CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (PCIe v3.0 x16 (8.0 GT/s) @ x16 (2.5 GT/s))
RAM: DDR4 SDRAM (16 GB) (~1330.1 MHz)

I know my CPU does not support overlocking. Can I safely overlock my GPU?

Thanks!

Hi there,

That's not really advisable for a laptop. The thermal solution is 'just about enough' for the components they house. Pushing more heat and voltage through an already tight chassis will most likely not bring the results you want, and may cause other issues for you. In desktops, there is additional room in most cases, and along with case fans, can take an overclock on a CPU/GPU, and dissipate the heat better.

I would advise against it.

To answer your question though, yes, it's possible to OC the GPU. Safely though? That's a different question.

Hi there,

That's not really advisable for a laptop. The thermal solution is 'just about enough' for the components they house. Pushing more heat and voltage through an already tight chassis will most likely not bring the results you want, and may cause other issues for you. In desktops, there is additional room in most cases, and along with case fans, can take an overclock on a CPU/GPU, and dissipate the heat better.

I would advise against it.

To answer your question though, yes, it's possible to OC the GPU. Safely though? That's a different question.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS